ABOUT JERRY WALKER, CPA
- Millsap High School, Valedictorian, 1987
- Texas Wesleyan University, Magna Cum Laude, 1991 (BBA in Accounting)
- Coopers&Lybrand Staff Accountant, 1991-1993
- George, Morgan & Sneed Staff Accountant, 1993-1996
- Self-employed sole practitioner, 1996-present
Since opening my own CPA practice in 1996, I have made it a point
to study minister's taxation and church accounting. Because of my
involvement in my local church, I have many friends who are either
ministers or leaders in their churches. Over the years these friends
and clients have consistently asked me the same questions. As time
passed, it became clear to me that churches everywhere struggle
with these issues. So, I decided to put the questions and answers
in book format and offer them nationwide.
My small firm is located in Weatherford TX and I have three part-time
staff. I prepare more than 500 individual tax returns per year.
Included in that group are more than a dozen pastors and youth ministers.
We also offer bookkeeping and payroll services to small businesses
and churches in our area.