Church Accounting

Accounting for Churches

Help for church treasurers

Minister, employee or independent contractorMinister's Housing AllowanceMinister's Self-Employment TaxEmployee expense reimbursementsEmployee BenefitsStructuring a Minister's Compensation PackageWithholding and Paying Payroll TaxesPayroll Tax Forms & Tax Exempt StatusContribution RecordsFinancial ReportsChurch softwareFree Stuff for You


church software

Announcing FlockBase church software. Membership and contribution tracking. Only $99

Download the Book Now!
Download the church accounting book in pdf format now.
We accept Visa and MastercardWe accept Visa and Mastercard
About Jerry Walker, CPA

Money back guarantee. No questions asked. If your not 100% satisfied, just email me and I will refund your money.

Schedule a telephone consultation
Click here if the book did not answer your questions.

Minister's Housing Allowance

The tax code provides a tremendous tax benefit to ministers in the form of a pre-tax housing allowance. Similarly, the church provided parsonage receives special tax treatment.

The book answers each of the following questions:

  • What is a ministers housing allowance?
  • Can non-minister employees receive a housing allowance?
  • What types of expenses are included in the housing allowance?
  • What are the tax implications of a church provided parsonage?
  • Who determines the fair rental value of a church provided parsonage?
  • What if the minister does not spend all of the allowance on housing?
  • How does the church report the minister's housing allowance/parsonage to the IRS?

Security/Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | E-mail Policy | Telephone Consultation
Copyright 2012 Jerry L Walker, CPA
3115 Fort Worth Hwy Ste 100 - Weatherford, TX 76087 ** 817-613-0384