Church Accounting

Accounting for Churches

Help for church treasurers

Minister, employee or independent contractorMinister's Housing AllowanceMinister's Self-Employment TaxEmployee expense reimbursementsEmployee BenefitsStructuring a Minister's Compensation PackageWithholding and Paying Payroll TaxesPayroll Tax Forms & Tax Exempt StatusContribution RecordsFinancial ReportsChurch softwareFree Stuff for You


church software

Announcing FlockBase church software. Membership and contribution tracking. Only $99

Download the Book Now!
Download the church accounting book in pdf format now.
We accept Visa and MastercardWe accept Visa and Mastercard
About Jerry Walker, CPA

Money back guarantee. No questions asked. If your not 100% satisfied, just email me and I will refund your money.

Schedule a telephone consultation
Click here if the book did not answer your questions.


If a church has any non-minister employees, the church must withhold income tax, Social Security tax, and Medicare tax from the employees' paychecks. Even if the church only has minister employees the church may still have to withhold income tax if the minister has elected voluntary income tax withholding on his Form W-4. As a result most churches will be required to withhold payroll taxes and remit them to the IRS.

The book answers each of the following questions:

  • Does the church withhold tax from employees' paychecks?
  • How is payroll tax withholding computed?
  • Does the church have to match FICA tax?
  • How much can an employee make before the church has to withhold taxes?
  • How does the church pay its payroll taxes?
  • Do churches have to pay state or federal unemployment taxes?

Security/Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | E-mail Policy | Telephone Consultation
Copyright 2012 Jerry L Walker, CPA
3115 Fort Worth Hwy Ste 100 - Weatherford, TX 76087 ** 817-613-0384