Announcing FlockBase church software. Membership
and contribution tracking. Only $99
Download the Book Now!
ABOUT JERRY WALKER,
Money back guarantee.
No questions asked. If your not 100% satisfied, just email me and I will
refund your money.
Click here if the book
did not answer your questions.
CHURCH PAYROLL TAXES
If a church has any non-minister employees, the church must withhold
income tax, Social Security tax, and Medicare tax from the employees'
paychecks. Even if the church only has minister employees the church
may still have to withhold income tax if the minister has elected
voluntary income tax withholding on his Form W-4. As a result most
churches will be required to withhold payroll taxes and remit them
to the IRS.
The book answers each of the following questions:
- Does the church withhold tax from employees' paychecks?
- How is payroll tax withholding computed?
- Does the church have to match FICA tax?
- How much can an employee make before the church has to withhold
- How does the church pay its payroll taxes?
- Do churches have to pay state or federal unemployment taxes?